More commonly, using an offset smoker will not give you a set-and-forget experience. Therefore, among all the available types of smokers, this one type required more knowledge to work with it effectively. But this should never be a reason for you to put an offset smoker off. Instead, make sure to choose the best offset smoker and enjoy the most delicious and flavorful BBQs and other smoked foods.
When it comes to buying the best offset smoker, below are some of the best options for you. You can easily consider any of these to have the best experience.
|Image||Offset Smokers||Rating & Price|
|Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro|| (4.4 / 5)|
Best Offset Smoker under 300
|Dyna-Go Charcoal Offset Smoker|| (4.5 / 5)|
Best Reverse Flow Offset Smoker
|Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn Smoker|| (4.5 / 5)|
Best Offset Smoker under 500
|Dyna-Glo Signature Series Smoker And Grill|| (4.6 / 5)|
Best Offset Combo
|Oklahoma Joe’s Smoker Combo|| (4.3 / 5)|
|Oklahoma Joe’s Highland Smoker|| (4.5 / 5)|
Best Offset Smoker for the Money
|Dyna-Go Heavy Duty Charcoal Grill|| (4.5 / 5)|
1. Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro – 580 sq. inches cooking space
Char-Griller comes up with more features as compared to other similar offset smokers. Most amazingly, this is a durable option that will never break your bank.
This grill is containing plenty of cooking space and fire space which can let you cook more food at once. The removable charcoal drawer is making it easier to add and remove charcoal whenever needed. The overall construction of this smoking pro is durable. You can efficiently utilize this for years without any wear and tear.
Surprisingly, this smoker also contains a temperature gauge which can make it easier for you to control the temperature. Even more, this is an adequately ventilated option, which gives you a fantastic cooking experience.
- Steel build is making it a more durable option
- Best offset smoker under 200
- It is offering great control overheat
- Dumping the ash and cleaning this smoker is super easy because it comes with a removable ash pan
- The paint of this smoker wears off soon
- Packaging also needs some improvements
2. Dyna-Go Charcoal Offset Smoker – 784 sq. inches cooking space
This smoker offers massive duty space with six adjustable cooking racks. You can quickly cook plenty of food at once. It contains a built-in gauge to notice the accurate temperature. This built-in guage can make it easier to see the temperature and time for your food.
Fortunately, it is also offering an effective grease management system that will let you keep its interior clean. The sturdy steel frame is making it the best competition offset smoker.
- Best offset smoker under 300
- Vertical design can let you set in small space too
- Effective temperature gauge
- The area of each cooking shelf may not be enough for some people
- Limited warranty on paint
3. Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn Smoker – 1,060 sq. inches cooking space
Oklahoma Longhorn smoker is based on reverse flow technology. This smoker is featuring a vast space to cook plenty of food at once. Its construction is all-steel and also contains 4 removable baffles which will guide smoke and heat from the fire chamber to the cooking chamber and will ensure the most flavorful food in return.
It is also featuring a cool-touch handle on the firebox and cooking chamber. So that you can easily open or close these chambers without harming your hands. Overall, this is a dense and heavy-duty smoker that you can easily consider.
- Best reverse flow offset smoker
- A fuel basket can help you to keep it clean
- Long-lasting and durable smoker with steel built
- Contains one burner only
4. Dyna-Glo Signature Series Smoker and Grill – 1,382 sq. inches cooking space
Dyna-Glo Smoker is one of the massively built smokers, which comes with 1382 square inches of cooking space. This amount of space is always enough to serve a family gathering with ease. With its robust build, the durability of this smoker is exceptionally impressive. While you can also enjoy safe cool-touch accessories to enjoy cooking without any harm. Even more, it comes with a built-in temperature gauge that you can trust.
Most amazingly, the giant wheels of this smoker are making its mobility easier. All and all, this is one of the best offset smokers on wheels which you can move anywhere in your house to enjoy the best cooking experience.
- Steel-wheels are making it easier to move
- Durable high-grade smoker
- Best offset smoker under 500
- Some customers are claiming broken welding and bent pieces
5. Oklahoma Joe’s Smoker Combo – 1,060 sq. inches cooking space
Oklahoma Combo Smoker is an offset smoker that can let you enjoy the best cooing experience with a different style and effectiveness. It is bringing a combo of charcoal smoker and gas grill to offer you more convenience. With this smoker combo, you can have a fantastic cooking experience. The primary cooking space is enough to prepare food for a small gathering at once.
During its 6 porcelain-coated grates, it can become more comfortable for you to control the temperature. Even more, 3 burners inside the gas chamber are also offering a compelling experience.
- You can charcoal and smoke multiple dishes at once
- Firebox dampers are ensuring a stable temperature
- An effective and efficient temperature control system
- Finishing is not that good
6. Oklahoma Joe’s Highland Smoker – 900 sq. inches cooking space
Highland Smoker, a reverse smoker is employing a series of 4 removable baffles. These can guide the heat and smoke from the fire chamber to the cooking section. This smoker will offer you evenly cooked and flavored food. However, the fire chamber of this smoker is featuring a large fuel basket, made of stainless steel. With this basket, clean-out of ash will become super easy for you.
This heavy gauge, all-steel smoker, is durable enough to stay with you for a long time while a bigger charcoal basket can also help you in managing fuel more effectively.
- Cool-touch handles for easier grip
- Wheels for easier movement
- 2 years warranty by the manufacturer
- Side door may not fit properly to vent
Related: Best Drum Smokers – Buying Guide
7. Dyna-Go Heavy Duty Charcoal Grill – 686 sq. inches cooking space
Dyna-Glo Heavy Duty Charcoal Grill is one of the massively built offset smokers who can make smoking and grilling easier for you. It comes with heavy steel-built that ensures that the smoker can last for an extended time with ease.
More amazingly, it comes with cool-touch handles that can help you to enjoy smoking and grilling safely. Overall, this smoker works excellent to offer you deliciously and evenly cooked food.
- Best offset smoker for the money
- The tray adjustment system is best for flexibility
- High capacity and sleek design
- The horizontal style makes more space to fit
Best Offset Smoker to buy – Our Top Pick
We know the fact that with so many available options in the market, it can be difficult for you to choose the best smoker. Therefore, we have brought a list of the best possible options in the market. As per our own choice, Char-Griller E1224 Pro is the best offset smoker in this list. Because it is not only affordable but also offers some great features as compared to other options. However, you can easily make your own choice as per your needs.
1. What is the best smoker to buy?
When it comes to buying the best smoker, then there are multiple things that you need to consider. The most important things which can impact your decision to buy the best smoker are its price, its cooking space, type of smoker. Also, make sure to go for the one who has a strong built and meant to stay with you for years. Whether you want to buy the best offset smoker under 1000 or need to go with the best offset smoker under 2000, considering these qualities is always essential.
2. What is a reverse flow smoker?
You can simply describe a reverse flow smoker as a type of offset smoker, which comes with an additional plate. These metal plates keep your meat from direct and intense heat. While on the other side, it will let the smoke go inside the cooking region to add a delicious and perfect smoky flavor to your food. When you hang around, you will get to know that this can add more benefits to your cooking and also make it more flavorful.
3. What style of wood is best for offset smokers?
When it comes to smoke your food into the best offset smoker, then adding wood chunks to the fire cabinet can bring smokier flavor to your diet. However, if you want to know which type of wood chunks you can use for this purpose. Then you must understand that oak, hickory, grapevine cuttings, and mesquite can add an amazing smoky flavor to your food in an offset smoker. While the most common option is hickory. But make sure to use its right amount. Because it is a powerful smoking option that can taste bitter if you use it more than the required amount.
4. Can you grill on an offset smoker?
Most people are having this question somewhere in their minds. Fortunately, an offset smoker can allow you to practice and enjoy three different types of cooking. Grill direct, smoke, and grill indirect. While grilling, you need to keep your offset smoker’s temperature high. But in the case of smoking your food, you need to go with a lower temperature. Because smoking food usually takes more time to be cooked properly.
5. How do you keep the temperature up on an offset smoker?
When you need a higher temperature inside the offset smoker, then, make sure to shut the chimney cap of the smoker properly. Also, open the vents and let the heat move inside the cooking cabinet from the fireplace with ease. Consequently, within a short time, the temperature of the inside will rise.